The Orlando Magic are off to a 2-0 start for the first time in eight years. They get a shot at 3-0 with a rematch against the Washington Wizards.
Orlando Magic (2-0) vs. Washington Wizards (0-2)
7 p.m./FOX Sports Florida
2020 Season Series:
in Orlando on Nov. 17;
in Washington, D.C. on Dec. 3;
in Washington, D.C. on Jan. 1;
in Orlando on Jan. 8
2021 Season Series:
in Washington, D.C. on Dec. 26; Tonight in Washington, D.C.
The Orlando Magic have a lot of work to do. They know that despite their 2-0 record. It does not seem like that record has gone to their head. But the Washington Wizards got them all out of sorts in Saturday’s win. It is hard to believe the Magic — this Magic team — could win a track meet. But that is what the Magic did in sweeping the Wizards last year. And even adding Russell Westbrook did not fix this. It is not clear yet if Westbrook will play Sunday in the second night of a back-to-back. That might play a big role in how this game goes down. Winning back-to-back games against the same opponent is very tough. But this Magic team has played a special brand of basketball so far.
1) Markelle Fultz took over the fourth quarter in leading the Orlando Magic to a win over the Washington Wizards, Roy Parry of the Orlando Sentinel writes. The Magic got a big performance too from Terrence Ross in the win as they made all the plays down the stretch.
2) Markelle Fultz was really the catalyst for the Orlando Magic’s second big fourth-quarter win, Mike Cali of Orlando Pinstriped Post writes.
3) Bradley Beal and Russell Westbrook both put up big stats, but the Washington Wizards could not seal the deal in the fourth quarter in their loss to the Orlando Magic, Ava Wallace of The Washington Post writes. Ethan Smith of Wiz of Awes said the Wizards dropped a winnable game.
4) Terrence Ross is expanding his offensive arsenal by shooting off the dribble more, Josh Robbins of The Athletic writes.
8) Dwayne Bacon has settled into the starting lineup to start the season. His fight for consistency is what might keep him around, Omar Cabrera writes.
9) The Orlando Magic are setting higher expectations for themselves this year, even as doubts from the outside ring loud.
12) The Orlando Magic need to bank up their wins now because the rest of this month will be extremely challenging, Isaac Ryu writes.
13) Dan Bennett predicts who will lead the Orlando Magic in each statistical category.