Record: 3-7 . . . Overall Record: 12-18
Only 30 games into the season and hope may already be lost for the Magic. The injury bug hit Orlando badly at this point in the seaosn.
Two starters are going to miss at least four weeks. Both Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton broke bones in their leg. Orlando only managed to win three games during this stretch and this may become a trend now that two of their highest rated players are gone.
With Aaron Gordon on the bench, Jonathan Isaac was unable to fill his shoes. He struggled offensively and in his first three games as a starter only shot 30 percent from the floor. Like Jonathan Isaac, Shelvin Mack has done a poor job replacing Elfrid Payton.
As Orlando headed into the holiday season, both the Toronto Raptors and the Miami Heat would beat them handily. The lone bright spot in these games was Vucevic who had a 19-point and 19-rebound game against Miami.
- Hope for a postseason berth already seems like a pipe dream.
- The defense continues to get worse without Gordon on the floor. The team looks eerily similar to last season.
- Vucevic has taken over as the team’s leading scorer and is now averaging a double-double.
- Isaac has seen his minutes take a boost, but his numbers are not improving.
- Simmons continues to quietly produce for a struggling Orlando team.