Record: 2-8 . . . Overall Record: 14-26
As hope fades, the Magic made a minor move that should bring a smile to fans’ face. In a move to dump salary, Orlando traded D.J. Augustin for Dewayne Dedmon. Again, this is a true simulation and Orlando’s 2K front office made this move. Somehow the Magic will play Nikola Vucevic, Dewayne Dedmon and Bismack Biyombo minutes together.
Of course, Dedmon did not move the needle much as the Magic dropped to 14-26 on the year.
This group of games started with a pair of losses to the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers. Vucevic dominated in both games putting together a pair of 20-20 performances. Although, the Magic lost both games by a combined 61 points.
After what seems like forever, Orlando found the win column in the team’s next contest against the Memphis Grizzlies. Vucevic had another fantastic game as he snagged 18 boards and scored 26 points. Isaac also added 21 points.
The final seven games would be ones to forget. Orlando only managed to win one game and essentially put the nail in their season’s coffin. The low point of the season so far came against the last-place Pacers where the Magic only scored 71 points on the road.
- Vucevic has emerged as the best offensive weapon so far this season, but his defense has still been an issue as opposing centers have had their way with him this season.
- Terrence Ross has found his shooting stroke again and has brought his field goal percentage to a solid 45 percent.
- Isaac has shown steady improvement from behind the arc as he now is shooting 39 percent from three.
Record: 1-9 . . . Overall Record: 15-35
Well, it is not turning out to be a successful 2018 in Orlando.
The Magic win just one game during this stretch and sit at 15-35. Which is good enough for the worst record in the league.
In response to the struggles, the Magic traded away Shelvin Mack and 2017 second-round pick Wesley Iwundu for Ramon Sessions and Johnny O’Bryant. Both players are off the books at the end of the season.
About the only good news during this stretch was the return of Gordon and Payton, who played pretty well under the circumstances.
- Orlando has the fourth-worst offense and the third-worst defense in the NBA.
- Vucevic continues to be the team’s leading scorer
- Isaac has shown steady improvement over the past few weeks. There is serious hope he can be a key building block in Orlando.