The Orlando Magic start the most difficult stretch of their schedule and their first game without Markelle Fultz with a date against the Houston Rockets.
Orlando Magic (6-2) vs. Houston Rockets (2-4)
8 p.m./FOX Sports Florida
2020 Season Series:
in Orlando on Dec. 13;
in Houston on March 6
2021 Season Series:
Tonight in Houston
The Orlando Magic have started to find a bit of a rhythm defensively. Their offense was starting to settle in too and they were discovering their way to play. The Magic were finding themselves and settling into the season. Markelle Fultz’s injury was never coming at a good time. But it came at a point when the Magic were starting to gather themselves and become who they really are. The Magic now are going to have to figure that out all over again. And it will not be easy. Not with this schedule. The Houston Rockets are still finding themselves too. But they know they are a team that can put a lot of pressure on teams’ defenses with James Harden, John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins gobbling up possessions and attention.
1) Cole Anthony is stepping in for Markelle Fultz as the Orlando Magic begin to move on, Roy Parry of the Orlando Sentinel writes. The Orlando Magic will have to get their young guards up to speed quickly to replace Fultz.
2) Markelle Fultz’s absence creates serious questions for the Orlando Magic in both the short- and long-term, Garrett Townsend of Orlando Pinstriped Post writes.
3) Cole Anthony especially will need a next man up attitude to fill in the loss of Markelle Fultz, Spencer Henderson writes.
4) Everyone around the NBA seemed to be cheering for Markelle Fultz’s comeback. Instead, everyone will have to wait another year, Sean Highkins of Bleacher/Report writes. Fultz’s injury leaves a huge hole on this year’s Magic team and the franchise’s future.
5) The Orlando Magic feel snake-bitten and cursed following a torn ACL for a second key player on the team, Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
6) Markelle Fultz’s teammates are certain he will make a full recovery, Josh Cohen of OrlandoMagic.com writes. But undoubtedly the injury puts a damper on the season, Josh Robbins of The Athletic writes.
7) The Houston Rockets are finding it tough to get their footing in the early season as they deal with several issues early in the season, Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle writes.
8) Steve Clifford deserves credit for getting the most out of this Orlando Magic team, Luke Duffy of Hoops Habit writes.
9) The Orlando Magic are fighting to stay above water and health may be their only great reenforcement, Omar Cabrera writes.
10) The Orlando Magic are among the league leaders in defensive 3-point field goal percentage which might be critical to building their defense back up, Josh Cohen of OrlandoMagic.com writes.
11) N.B. Lindberg of Space City Scoop examines three trades the Toronto Raptors could make to land James Harden.
12) The Cleveland Cavaliers might be an off-the-radar choice to get in on the James Harden sweepstakes. Anthony Duckett of Space City Scoop explores the possibility.