The Orlando Magic finish their homestand with a second matchup with the Cleveland Cavaliers and the hope of splitting their homestand.
Cleveland Cavaliers (4-3) vs. Orlando Magic (5-2)
7 p.m./FOX Sports Florida
2020 Season Series:
in Orlando on Oct. 23;
in Cleveland on Nov. 27;
in Cleveland on Dec. 6
2021 Season Series:
in Orlando on Jan. 4; Jan. 6 in Orlando
Things looked back to normal following the Orlando Magic’s 103-83 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers. The team’s defense was on point, forcing turnovers and disrupting the Cleveland offense. Aaron Gordon went on a huge scoring run to give the Magic the lead. And Nikola Vucevic was unstoppable. Orlando had an incredible rebound rate but also uncharacteristically turned the ball over a ton. This game will undoubtedly be different. It will not likely be the blowout that this game became. The Magic will have to be sharper offensively, something that has continued to be a struggle the last three games even with the win. The good news is the Magic’s defense has played much better as of late.
1) The Orlando Magic lifted Aaron Gordon’s minute restriction and unleashed him on the Cleveland Cavaliers.
2) The Orlando Magic need to limit their turnovers better and protect the ball to repeat their victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers, Roy Parry of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
3) Steve Clifford is using a methodical approach to developing his young players, hoping to build confidence and comfort in a role before advancing them further, Josh Robbins of The Athletic writes. Indeed, the Magic’s rookies will continue to get minutes so long as they continue to improve and grow.
4) Cole Anthony is staying confident despite a rough start to the season shooting-wise, Roy Parry of the Orlando Sentinel writes. Injuries have forced the Orlando Magic to throw him into the fire early.
5) Injuries might derail the Cleveland Cavaliers’ hot start, Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com writes.
6) Dante Exum is the latest injury. He is set to miss 1-2 months with a calf strain suffered early in Monday’s game.
7) The Cleveland Cavaliers have built their hot start on their defense, Zane Harris of King James Gospel writes.
8) Collin Sexton just turned 22 and the sky seems the limit after his hot start, Dan Gilinsky of King James Gospel writes.
10) The Orlando Magic struggled out of the gate in the last two seasons. Now they are finally starting off hot, Spencer Henderson writes.
11) Garrett Townsend of Orlando Pinstriped Post writes on what is trending down for the Orlando Magic.
12) I joined The Sixer Sense podcast to discuss the several former Philadelphia 76ers players on the Orlando Magic’s roster and a whole lot more.
13) Soon the Orlando Magic will unveil their Earned Edition jerseys. They should use it to celebrate their now-appreciated Stars jerseys from the Tracy McGrady era.