The Orlando Magic look to bounce back from Thursday’s disappointing defeat with a return match with the Oklahoma City Thunder and a chance to bounce back.
Oklahoma City Thunder (1-3) vs. Orlando Magic (4-0)
7 p.m./FOX Sports Florida
2020 Season Series:
in Oklahoma City on Nov. 5;
in Orlando on Jan. 22
2021 Season Series:
in Oklahoma City on Dec. 29; Tonight in Orlando
In a perfect world, the Orlando Magic would get a second shot at the Philadelphia 76ers and a chance for some redemption. In a relatively perfect world, they would get another shot at a playoff-caliber team to prove themselves and legitimize their 4-1 record. This world is not perfect. The Magic are hurting with Chuma Okeke (bone bruise) out and Evan Fournier (back spasms) questionable for the game. The team is going to have to rally. And this Thunder team will have Al Horford and George Hill, unlike the matchup earlier this week. The Magic need a focused, precise effort to win and they should get it even if their depth has been hit some.
1) Chuma Okeke is out indefinitely with a bone bruise in his left knee, Roy Parry of the Orlando Sentinel reports. Injuries are piling up quickly for the team, Josh Robbins of The Athletic writes.
3) The Orlando Magic are committed to playing with better pace, but that is also a potential trap if the team settles for quick shots or non-aggressive play.
4) Dan Favale of Bleacher/Report writes the Orlando Magic need to trade Aaron Gordon to clear up their frontcourt issues while the Oklahoma City Thunder need to trade George Hill to ensure their tank works.
5) Isaac Ryu gives three predictions for the Orlando Magic’s season.
6) Nikola Vucevic is still searching for his place among the Orlando Magic’s greats as he continues to set many franchise marks.
7) Be sure to review the policies for attending games at the Amway Center if you are heading to the arena for the game.