The Orlando Magic play their final preseason game of the year as they try to finetune themselves before the season begins next week.
Charlotte Hornets (1-2) vs. Orlando Magic (1-2)
7 p.m./FOX Sports Florida
2020 Season Series:
in Charlotte on Jan. 20;
in Charlotte on Feb. 3
2021 Season Series:
Jan. 24 in Orlando; Jan. 25 in Orlando
The Orlando Magic know they have only one more chance to get themselves right on the court before the season begins. This is a veteran group and there seems to be some confidence they can flip the switch once the games count again. This Magic team should not count on that. They should look — for the first half at least — to assert themselves and treat this game like a regular-season game. Even if they are still working through some things. The Orlando Magic did some good things against the Charlotte Hornets the first time around on Thursday. They need those moments to last longer.
1) The Orlando Magic are aiming to get their defense right as they play their final preseason game, Roy Parry of the Orlando Sentinel writes. The Magic are indeed trying to get their defense back, all the while experimenting with some new schemes.
2) The Orlando Magic are watching their second unit slowly build chemistry and come together. The group has explosive offensive potential, Dan Savage of OrlandoMagic.com writes.
3) The Orlando Magic want Nikola Vucevic taking more 3-pointers this year and that could put a record in view, Josh Cohen of OrlandoMagic.com writes.
4) The Orlando Magic are trying to create a bit of normal as they play in a largely empty Amway Center.
5) The Charlotte Hornets have a lot of options for their starting lineup, Chase Whitney of At The Hive writes.
6) Josh Cohen of OrlandoMagic.com breaks down Chuma Okeke and his start to his preseason.
9) The big man rotation is one of the biggest strengths for the Orlando Magic, Garrett Townsend of Orlando Pinstriped Post writes.
11) Similarly, Gary Clark needs to become a true stretch-4 for the Orlando Magic to continue unlocking their offense.
12) When Mohamed Bamba returns, he has to prove he can push for starter’s minutes, Omar Cabrera writes.
13) Dwayne Bacon has fit right in during his first preseason runs with the Orlando magic.
15) January will be a challenging month for the Orlando Magic, Isaac Ryu writes.