The Orlando Magic close their scrimmage schedule with the return of Jonathan Isaac and a matchup with the gigantic Denver Nuggets.
Orlando Magic (30-35) vs. Denver Nuggets (43-22)
|Pace||Off. Rtg.||Def. Rtg.||eFG%||O.Reb.%||TO%||FTR|
The Orlando Magic’s biggest problem right now is their inability to shoot. The team is still scoring, at an impressive rate even. But it is clear something is off. They are not hitting the open shots they are getting and their pace is sluggish. The team is playing it seems at half speed. And that is not a good thing for this group. They will likely spend this game integrating Markelle Fultz and Jonathan Isaac back into the rotation. And the Denver Nuggets use of a big lineup could make the game especially ugly.
1) Jonathan Isaac is cleared to play and will reportedly make his return to the court in Monday’s scrimmage. The Magic are still moving their players at their own pace as they try to get everyone healthy and conditioned to play again.
2) Markelle Fultz is also coming close to a return, saying he is feeling better than he did after the All-Star Break, Mike Cali of Orlando Pinstriped Post writes.
3) The Orlando Magic have to build fast and get ready for the games to count as they play this final scrimmage, Spencer Henderson writes.
4) Is Bol Bol a unicorn? His trainer emphatically says yes, Mike Singer of The Denver Post writes. He might be the best show in Orlando during the NBA’s scrimmages.
5) Mohamed Bamba, Jonathan Isaac and Markelle Fultz are the Orlando Magic’s biggest X-factors, and the team has not seen them play very much to this point, Josh Robbins of The Athletic writes.
6) A mix of things helped the Orlando Magic jump to the top offense in the league before the hiatus, Josh Cohen of OrlandoMagic.com writes.
8) Evan Siegel of Nugg Love breaks down what we have learned about the Denver Nuggets so far.