The Orlando Magic look to head to the All-Star Break with some momentum as they try to get themselves right against the new-look Atlanta Hawks.
Atlanta Hawks (15-39) vs. Orlando Magic (22-31)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FOX Sports Florida
WATCH MAGIC-HAWKS ON FUBO TV
FOLLOW LIVE @OMAGICDAILY
Tickets: $9-$398 on StubHub
2020 Season Series: Hawks 103, Magic 99 in Atlanta on Oct. 26; Hawks 101, Magic 93 in Orlando on Dec. 30; Tonight in Orlando; Feb. 26 in Atlanta
|Pace||Off. Rtg.||Def. Rtg.||eFG%||O.Reb.%||TO%||FTR|
The Atlanta Hawks as an opponent are a contradiction. Offensively, they are statistically worse than the Orlando Magic. But they have a very difficult weapon in Trae Young who can go off and make the whole Hawks offense work. Defensively, they are terrible, but the Magic cannot be relied on to make shots. Atlanta has picked Orlando off twice already this season (once without Young too) and so it is hard to tell what to make of this game. Especially with the Magic struggling. Orlando will need a supremely focused defensive effort to win. With the Hawks on a back to back and a double-overtime game to boot, the Magic should have their chances to coast if they play to their potential.
1) Evan Fournier says the Orlando Magic need just one game to get their swagger back, Luis Torres of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
2) The Orlando Magic are missing star power and the whole nation saw that despite a good effort last week.
3) To get out of their funk, the Orlando Magic need their leaders to do more than give words of encouragement, they need to lead on the court.
4) Trae Young scored 48 points as the Atlanta Hawks defeated the New York Knicks in double overtime on Sunday. The Hawks avoided their own collapse, giving up a 16-point second-half lead before surviving in overtime.
5) Dewayne Dedmon provided some needed veteran leadership immediately for the Atlanta Hawks, Sarah K. Spencer of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes.
6) Clint Capela hopes to help the Atlanta Hawks build their defense when he returns from injury after the All-Star Break, Sarah K. Spencer of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes.
7) The additions of Dewayne Dedmon and Clint Capela give the Atlanta Hawks some much-needed veteran leadership, Daniel Comer of Peachtree Hoops writes.
8) Mike Cali of Orlando Pinstriped Post sits down with the arena voice of the Orlando Magic, the great Paul Porter.
9) The Orlando Magic have to make the most of their remaining roster to have a successful end to the season, no matter the big questions on the horizon.
10) Orlando Magic executive pitch the value of playoff experience as they hold tight at the trade deadline.
11) The conditions to make a major move did not exist for the Orlando Magic at the trade deadline, saving some big decisions for the summer.
12) They were not present at the trade deadline, but the conditions are starting to form to lead the Orlando Magic to trade Nikola Vucevic, Spencer Henderson writes.
13) The Orlando Magic will have plenty of assets to deploy in the offseason, even though they left the trade deadline pass.