(23-56) vs. (43-36)
Time/TV: 6 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Nets by 11.5
Tickets: $27-$455 on VividSeats
Season Series: Magic 107, Nets 86 in Orlando on Nov. 3; Nets 101, Magic 90 in Brooklyn on Jan. 21; Magic 115, Nets 111 in Orlando on April 9; Tonight in Brooklyn
|Pace||Off. Rtg.||Def. Rtg.||eFG%||O.Reb.%||TO%||FTR|
Click after the jump for links and news from Magic and Nets sources…
#Magic C Nik Vucevic won't play again this season.
— John Denton (@JohnDenton555) April 13, 2014
1) The Magic saw some dramatic decreases in attendance and TV ratings this year, but other parts of the business are going strong, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports.
2) Shawn McFarland of HoopsHabit wonders if the Magic could be in for a Phoenix Suns-like turnaround in 2015.
3) Two fans are taking the issue of NBA tanking head on with a petition, Brian Tuohy of Sports on Earth writes. I am hoping to chat with them for an upcoming podcast.
4) Very quietly, Nets rookie Mason Plumlee is fitting in and thriving under Jason Kidd’s rookie rules, Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News writes.
5) Mirza Teletovic was begging for minutes last year. Now that he is getting them, he is making the most of them as the Nets head toward the playoffs, Brian Lewis of the New York Post writes.
6) Are the Celtics wins harming their Lottery chances? Peter Forsberg of ESPN Boston analyzes that possibility.
7) Kristen Fleming and Reed Tucker of the New York Post ask several sports personalities what their favorite sports movies are. Jason Collins took Happy Gilmore. Good choice.