I will begin my review of the Magic season Monday with What Went Right/What Went Wrong. The season reviews though are coming in fast and furious. I have already compiled a video recap of the season with highlights from big moments this season.
For the perspective of someone who is probably with the team as much as anyone, we turn to Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel.
Saturday he posted his big takeaways from a long season that featured a lot of losing, but some optimism for the future to offset that.
The recap includes a list of the five best wins, the five worst losses, the five best individual performances and this list of the five most encouraging developments:
1. Vucevic exceeded everyone's expectations, even his own, as he scored 13.1 points per game and finished with 11.9 rebounds per game, the league's second-highest rebounding average.
2. Maurice Harkless made significant improvements during his rookie season.
3. The Magic finished the season with the league's top chance to win the draft lottery.
4. Coach Jacque Vaughn and his staff kept a positive attitude, which maintained team morale.
5. Harris played well after his trade to the Magic.
It is hard to argue with Josh on any of those.