(37-14) vs. (30-22)
Time/TV: 7:30 p.m./League Pass
Line: Spurs by 1
Tickets: $28-$711 on TiqIQ
Magic Number: 6
|8. New York||27-27||5.0|
1) David Pingalore of ClickOrlando.com reports that Dwight Howard will not sign an extension unless Stan Van Gundy and his entire coaching staff is fired at the end of the season. One source tells Pingalore though that this is not quite a guarantee to happen, but the wheels might already be in motion for it. Sekou Smith of NBA Hang Time is tired of the Magic’s three-ring circus. And Kelly Dwyer of Ball Don’t Lie says Van Gundy does not deserve this farce.
2) Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson will be gametime decisions for tomorrow’s game against the Knicks. Ryan Anderson is out (h/t Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post).
3) Andrew Melnick of ESPN Florida asks what happened to the Magic’s defense?
5) The Magic suddenly find themselves in a heated playoff race with the Pacers surpassing them for the third seed in the East, Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post writes. The Celtics have their eyes on surpassing the Magic too.
6) Ray Allen is getting set to return from injury and Frank Dell’Apa writes that Boston may use him off the bench thanks to this groove the team has found. Allen should be back tonight making him the latest famous Celtics sixth man.
7) Have Glen Davis on your fantasy team? The Magic’s backup power forward is making the most of the opportunity without Dwight Howard in the lineup.
8) Jason Richardson is adjusting to his new reality as a veteran player, Kyle Austin of MLive.com.
9) Jeff Clark of CelticsBlog and J.R. Wilco of Pounding the Rock wonder what Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan have in common.
11) San Antonio’s Danny Green got some revenge as the Spurs topped the Cavaliers last night.