New Orleans, La.
(32-6) vs. (37-2)
Time/TV: 9:23 p.m./CBS
Line: Kentucky by 6.5
Tickets: $39-$1552 on TiqIQ
Magic Number: 6
|8. New York||27-26||5.0|
1) Glen Davis tells Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel that he is more comfortable in his role now. Stan Van Gundy was certainly pleased with his effort Sunday.
2) Jameer Nelson had some fire in him Sunday as he tried to rile his team up and keep them involved even without Dwight Howard, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel reports. The Magic put up a fight against the Nuggets, but clearly needed their star. The Magic lost 104-101 for their third straight defeat. Without Dwight Howard, the Magic’s defense fell short.
4) The basketball court is an escape for Otis Smith too. Smith has missed games recently to be with his brother who is fighting colon cancer, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
6) Dwight Howard missed his first game of the year yesterday and Stan Van Gundy and the Magic believe it was because of a “punch” delivered to Howard’s back by Mavericks center Brendan Haywood.
7) Presumptive number one overall pick Anthony Davis won the Naismith Award for being the nation’s most outstanding player.
8) Rock Chalk Talk with five keys to beating Kentucky.
9) Ken Howlett of A Sea of Blue reviews how John Calipari turned the Kentucky program around.
10) Max Rothman of The Kansan writes that Kansas doesn’t mind being the underdogs again.
11) J.J. Redick meets his favorite band, Milo Greene (h/t Nate Drexler of MagicBasketball.net)
12) Kansas does not like losing so, Gary Bedore of LJWorld.com writes, the Jayhawks will be looking for some revenge tonight against the Wildcats.
13) Jayhawks and Wildcats fans are being cordial before the big battle at the Superdome this evening, Terez A. Paylor of The Kansas City Star writes.